suggestion: add a .ehs file type

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 06:01:47 EST 2007

I see, all you're saying is you'd like the default to be different.

(That's not the same as saying "Extensions that change syntax are
effectively declared by the use of that syntax", which is what you said
earlier, BTW.)

Well, we could change the default.  I don't think it's a great idea
personally - I think we should default to compiling whatever is the most
recent standard, i.e. Haskell 98.  But you're arguing that the proportion
of Haskell 98 code that would fail to compile is relatively small; that
might well be true.  This isn't a decision we could take lightly, though.

Furthermore, it's only something we could change in 6.10, by which time it
is likely that we'll have a clearer idea of what Haskell' is, so there
might well be a -fhaskell-prime flag (or it might even be the default).