suggestion: add a .ehs file type

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 04:09:21 EST 2007

Alex Jacobson wrote:
> Isn't use of the extensions detectable by the compiler?

Not always, no.  Some extensions modify the syntax, such that programs
accepted with the extension turned on are not necessarily a superset of
those accepted with the extension turned off.  For example: MagicHash
(modifies the meaning of a # suffix on an identifier), RankNTypes (steals
'forall' and '.' from the type-variable namespace), etc.