Error compiling GHC/Num.lhs

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Thu May 3 06:31:34 EDT 2007

On 5/2/07, Bertram Felgenhauer <bertram.felgenhauer at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have two patches that should fix this:

Thanks, I applied base-install-includes.patch.
(Cabal-fix-installIncludeFiles.patch was already applied according to
darcs.)

However, in order to apply the patches I did a new checkout of GHC
without the --partial. This seemed to have pulled a few new patches
that break my build again.

I fixed the first error (I darcs send the patch):

./compiler/coreSyn/CoreUtils.lhs 262
-mkAltExpr DEFAULT = panic "mkAltExpr"
+mkAltExpr DEFAULT _ _ = panic "mkAltExpr"

This leaves the second error when building base:

Building base-2.1...

GHC/Exts.hs:29:1:
    Not in scope: type constructor or class `IsString'

If I import Data.String in GHC/Exts.hs I get the following error:

Building base-2.1...
ghc-6.7.20070502: panic! (the 'impossible' happened)
  (GHC version 6.7.20070502 for i386-unknown-linux):
        mkWWcpr: not a product base:Data.Typeable.TypeRep{tc r3eN}

What can be the problem?

regards,

Bas van Dijk