Error compiling GHC/Num.lhs

Bertram Felgenhauer bertram.felgenhauer at googlemail.com
Wed May 2 15:51:32 EDT 2007

[Note: Sorry if this is a duplicate. I originally sent the patches
inline in the mail, but the resulting mail grew rather big and is
"awaiting moderators approval" now. (moderators: no need to approve it)]

Bas van Dijk wrote:
> On 5/2/07, Simon Marlow <simonmarhaskell at gmail.com> wrote:
> >I believe this one is now fixed, sorry about that.
>
> No problem. I'm now able to successfully make GHC. Thanks about that!
>
> However 'make install' fails:
>

> $ make install
> ifBuildable/ifBuildable base setup/Setup install
> copy directory 'dist/doc/html/base' to '/home/bas/share/ghc/doc/html/base'.
> copy dist/build/HSbase-2.1.o to
> /home/bas/lib/base-2.1/ghc-6.7.20070502/HSbase-2.1.o
>
> Registering base-2.1...
> Reading package info from ".installed-pkg-config" ... done.
> ghc-pkg: /home/bas/lib/base-2.1/ghc-6.7.20070502/include doesn't exist
[...]

I'm sorry, that's my fault.

I have two patches that should fix this:

One for libraries/Cabal,
   http://int-e.home.tlink.de/haskell/Cabal-fix-installIncludeFiles.patch
and another for libraries/base:
   http://int-e.home.tlink.de/haskell/base-install-includes.patch

The semantics for the includes: and install-includes: fields in cabal
files has changed; the patch against base adds an install-includes
field to the base.cabal file that uses the new semantics. I was going
to send this patch in now anyway.

I'm afraid I missed the interaction of the install directory and the
package registration, and obviously I didn't test this properly. So
I revert the behaviour back to always creating the include directory.

Bertram