Installing GHC

daniel.is.fischer at web.de daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Sun Mar 18 17:15:28 EDT 2007

Oh, damn, indeed. Although "make install" failed with an error with the generic linux binary,  it did install the (non-working) binaries in /usr/local/bin, so the system didn't look in /usr/bin, where the working thing is.

So for the next few months I will remember to check whether make left anything behind if it dies with an error...

> > root at macduff:/home/dafis# ghc --version
> > /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.6/ghc-6.6: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>

> Thanks
> Ian

Thanks,
Daniel