Trouble trying to find packages for ubuntu linux

Brian Hulley brianh at metamilk.com
Thu Mar 15 21:07:31 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 00:16 +0000, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 11:32:13PM +0000, Brian Hulley wrote:
> >
> > >From the ghc downloads page it says the Debian packages are in Debian
> > testing and unstable (I assume 'testing' is the one people are supposed
> > to use(?)).
>
> For GHC debs, they're currently identical.
>
> > I've managed to get ghc by itself by just browsing the
> > Debian testing repo at http://packages.debian.org/testing/devel/
> > but the problem arises when I try to get the library packages, since
> > some of them eg libghc6-base-dev, libghc6-base-prof are not listed there
> > (also not found in the unstable repo at the corresponding url above).
>
> base is provided by the ghc6 and ghc6-prof packages; see the output of
>
> $ dpkg -s ghc6 | grep Provides
> $ dpkg -s ghc6-prof | grep Provides
>
> for the complete list they provide.

Thanks - perhaps the problem was that I'd installed ghc6 directly
instead of putting it into my local repo along with the libraries.
However after putting the ghc6 package into my repo and uninstalling it
(so I can re-install it properly from the beginning) I'm now stumped by
another problem: where to find the GPG key needed to authenticate the
packages? I can't find any info on the debian.org website about where to
find the key or what command to use to tell apt about it. Do you know
where the GPG key for the repo can be found?
I've spent hours googling with no luck.

Thanks, Brian.