FreeBSD/amd64 port: more progress

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Mar 15 18:06:35 EDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 05:15:02PM -0400, Gregory Wright wrote:

> in build.mk, so I assume it has optimization on.  Can I simply add
>
> GhcRtsHcOpts += -O0
>
> or should I change SRC_HC_OPTS with
>
> SRC_HC_OPTS += -O0
>
> in the build.mk of the 6.4.2 tree?  I'm also assuming that I can
> just rebuild 6.4.2 with optimization off on the target amd64 box
> and that I can still use my original .hc files from the i386 machine.
> Is that true?

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten it was an hc build, so you already have .hc
files. They'll do fine - it's just useful sometimes to be able to refer
to the same source code that gdb knows about.

I think GhcRtsHcOpts += -O0 should do, but you can check it's actually
being passed when you rerun make (you'll need to delete the PrimOps
object files first).

On the other hand, if you mean you're going to do another complete build
then you may as well make everything non-optimised now rather than
wishing you'd done so later.

Thanks
Ian