-keep-hc-files or -keep-hc-file?

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sat Jun 30 09:43:11 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 03:46:31PM +0200, Christian Maeder wrote:
> Christian Maeder schrieb:
> > I'm currently confused if it must be plural or singular (or any)
> >
> > http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/separate-compilation.html#keeping-intermediates
> >
> > shows plural options whereas
> >  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/flag-reference.html#id3131928
> >
> > shows them in singular (except -keep-tmp-files)

Well spotted; thanks for reporting it!

> The plural options work! So flag-reference.html should be corrected.

In actual fact the flag reference was exactly right, except the flags
could take any argument, which they then ignore (so the "s"s were being
treated as an argument when you gave the flags as plurals).

This meant that things like "-keep-s-file=no" would also result in the
.s file being kept, so I've changed the code to accept only
-keep-foo (makes sense when using ghc -c) and -keep-foos (makes sense
when using ghc --make). -keep-tmp-files is still plural-only.

Everything should be consistent now.

Thanks
Ian