GHC 6.6.1 Build failure on plain vanilla linux i686 build

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Jun 28 11:16:03 EDT 2007

Hi Robin,

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 01:21:00AM -0300, Robin Bate Boerop wrote:
> My build dies very soon after issuing "make".  Here are the last few
> lines.  Does anyone know what is happening and how to fix it?  (The
> floating constant of which the error message speaks is
> __GHC_PATCHLEVEL__, which is set to 2.20060331.)  I have a working GHC
> 6.4 installed, BTW.

What does "/sec/bin/ghc --version" say? I suspect it'll be
6.4.2.20060331 rather than 6.4.2.

The simplest thing to do is just to remove all the content of
compat/cbits/unicode.c (assuming you do have something > 6.4; if you
have 6.4 itself (or something older) then you'll need to leave the
#include line in the file, but remove the #if and #endif).

Thanks
Ian