> 2^32 b, 6.6 for Itanium

Serge D. Mechveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Fri Jun 8 14:14:07 EDT 2007

Dear GHC developers,

I have the two questions.

1. How  ghc-6.6  runs on 64-bit machines having more that  2^32
   byte memory ?
   Can it run into "Segmentation fault" ?

2. Can you prepare a reliable  ghc-6.6 binary  for  Itanium a64 Linux
   ?
Or maybe, someone can contribute ?

One of my colleagues says the following.

-------------------------------------
He has taken such a binary from
> (http://www.haskell.org/ghc/distribution_packages.html#debian),

somehow installed it and tried to make from source. It reports

>/tmp/ghc12430_0/ghc12430_0.s: Assembler messages:
>
>/tmp/ghc12430_0/ghc12430_0.s:51:0:
>     Error: Operand 1 of `mov' should be a general register

(though, I have not looked so far, in how all this was done).

Regards,

Serge Mechveliani
mechvel at botik.ru