Failure building HEAD

Gregory Wright gwright at
Fri Jun 8 11:35:04 EDT 2007

Hi Ian,

On Jun 8, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Ian Lynagh wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 11:56:35AM -0400, Gregory Wright wrote:
>> Is this a problem with the HEAD branch or do I need a development
>> version
>> of cabal from the darcs repository to build the latest ghc?
> I'm not sure exactly what you mean. You need the latest darcs Cabal in
> libraries/Cabal in your GHC tree, and if this is a tree that you have
> previously built then you may also need to first remove
> libraries/stamp/bootstrapping.Cabal. However, you don't need the
> latest
> Cabal registered with the GHC that you are building /with/.

I started by deleting my old directory and doing a fresh get from the
repository so there was nothing left over from a previous build.  It
looks as
if something is broken then.  For example, "--configure-option=-O2"
is showing up in the
command line of gcc when one of the test programs is built by the
script in libraries/base. I assume that this should just have been "-
The configure script fails because gcc barfs on the unrecognized option.

So no new dependencies have been introduced in the HEAD build as I
understand it.  Anyone else have problems building HEAD in the last
of days.  I know it's not just me; it was reported to me by another
using macports to build HEAD.

Best Wishes,