ghc 6.6 Debian packages

Matthew Danish mdanish at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 5 12:11:32 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 11:15:03AM +0200, Christian Maeder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our developers that have a debian system (i.e Ubuntu) and want to
> compile our sources with ghc complain that they have to install many
> extra library packages one after another.
>
> Compiling fails at various stages due to missing packages.
>
> Is there no way to provide all the extra libs in one debian package for ghc?

It may be possible to create a "package" which depends on all normal
"extras" but that seems counter-productive.

What is the problem with asking them to run the command:

apt-get install libghc6-fgl-dev libghc6-haskell-src-dev libghc6-html-dev libghc6-hunit-dev libghc6-mtl-dev libghc6-network-dev libghc6-quickcheck-dev

which installs everything and doesn't saddle them with a ton of
unnecessary other files?

--
-- Matthew Danish -- user: mrd domain: cmu.edu
-- OpenPGP public key: C24B6010 on keyring.debian.org