GHC 6.8.1 on Mac OS 10.5 Leopard (Intel) - Configure fails

Carsten Keßler carsten.kessler at uni-muenster.de
Tue Dec 11 03:23:17 EST 2007

Hi,

so does the GMP.framework installed via MacPorts do it, or not?!
Apparently, it doesn't:

-snip

Macintosh-4:~ Carsten$ port installed
   gmp @4.2.2_0 (active)
   readline @5.2.007_0+darwin_9 (active)

Macintosh-4:ghc-6.8.1 Carsten$ ./configure
checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.1.0
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin9.1.0
checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin9.1.0
Which we'll further canonicalise into: i386-apple-darwin
checking for path to top of build tree... dyld: Library not loaded:
GMP.framework/Versions/A/GMP
   Referenced from: /Users/Carsten/Desktop/ghc-6.8.1/utils/pwd/pwd
   Reason: image not found
configure: error: cannot determine current directory

-snap

Is there another way to download / install GMP other than through MacPorts?

Thanks,
Carsten