GHC generated dll makes Excel crash on exit.

Olivier Boudry olivier.boudry at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:36:54 EST 2007

Simon,

While we're at it, I found a typo in the
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/win32-dlls.htmldocumentation
page. In
ghc-6.6 the flag to build DLLs was --mk-dll (two leading minus signs), the
new one is -shared (one leading minus sign) but in the doc it's written
"--shared"

  ghc ––shared -o foo.dll bar.o baz.o wibble.a -lfooble

should be

  ghc –shared -o foo.dll bar.o baz.o wibble.a -lfooble

There are 6 occurences of what smells like a copy/paste bug ;-)

Cheers,

Olivier.