ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.6.1

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 14:20:54 EDT 2007

Hello Duncan,

Saturday, April 28, 2007, 9:58:18 PM, you wrote:

>> can you please include in win32 distro c++ compiler, as it was done
>> before and as it requested by trac ticket
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1024 ?

> Is it just me who thinks this is a silly idea? Why should GHC include a

if ghc developers think it's a bad idea they should remove this ticket

i use ghc to develop haskell/c++ program. also, many libs today
written in C++ and inclusion of c++ compiler will help to make more
libraries available for ghc users

alternative way may be inclusion of instructions how to add c++ compiler
to ghc installation - it's not trivial because one need to know which
gcc version should be used and which files copied

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com