FreeBSD/amd64 registerised running

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 15:49:03 EDT 2007

Simon Marlow <simonmarhaskell at gmail.com> writes:

> > Ah.  I was about to checkin a replacement for System.Posix.Types (in
> > base) that uses hsc2hs instead of autoconf.
>
> Anyway, to answer your question, using hsc2hs in System.Posix.Types
> will cause problems for bootstrapping GHC, yes, because we can't run
> hsc2hs on the target without GHC, but we can run configure.

But it is only a problem for cross-compiling - yes?  And no more of a
problem than ghc already has?  So, should I push my patch for building
System.Posix.Types with nhc98 (i.e. without autoconf, with hsc2hs) or
not?  At the moment, the lack of System.Posix.Types is breaking the
nightly builds of Cabal/nhc98.

Regards,
    Malcolm