FreeBSD/amd64 registerised running

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 13:09:12 EDT 2007

Hello Chris,

> After I upgrade to 6.6.1 (using OS X on PPC) then I will make new versions of
> regex-compat and regex-tdfa.  The thing I have to fix is that the current
> "unstable" regex-tdfa depends on the "unstable" regex-base and I have to make a
> new branch of regex-tdfa that works against the "stable" regex-base that 6.6 and
> 6.6.1 use.  Mainly this will be erasing code.

> For 6.8 we can upgrade regex-base to whatever the latest version is then.

why not just provide with 6.6.1 both old and new regex-base versions?
after all, the exact reason of splitting base was just to get more
flexibility. anyone who need old version can use it using
cabal/ghc-pkg features, one shouldn't suppose that ghc 6.6.* will
forever bundle only the same versions of packages that was shipped at
ancient 6.6.0 times

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com