Login problems with trac

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Tue Apr 3 07:43:08 EDT 2007

I am having difficulty logging in to GHC's trac. The situation is this:

1. I'm pretty sure I used to log in with username "greenrd" to file bugs
(at least, that's what Firefox's password manager tells me!). That no
longer works. I get the message below.

Permission Denied

To create tickets or edit the wiki, please login with username guest,
password guest.

TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation

TracGuide — The Trac User and Administration Guide

2. I cannot log in with username "guest" using Firefox 1.5 on my
office machine. I just get the same message, when I click "login". This
occurs even after I have cleared my web browser's cache. Maybe I need
to do something else other than clear the cache?

3. I have been able to log in once as a guest *and* create a ticket -
but only on Firefox 2, on my office machine, which is not behind a
proxy.

4. Strangest of all, I have not been able to log in as a guest using
Firefox 2 on my dorm machine which is behind a proxy - even though
Firefox is *not* automatically supplying a username and password! When I
attempt to login as guest, I get redirected to
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc and I don't seem to be logged in
- a "login" link is still there, instead of a "logout" one.

This is all rather confusing. I have not figured out what is going on
here.

--
Robin