[Hugs-users] Record puns, time for removal?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 20:04:23 EST 2006

Hi

> > puns like Foo { .. } would be great too.
>
> I'd vote for enabling them with a command line switch, rather than by default, as they can be confusing to folks learning the language.

How discussions come full circle :) I started this discussion on the
Hugs users list because I want to _remove_ the command line switch for
puns from Yhc. I'm not overly fussed whether I remove the entire
feature, or just remove the command line and make it always on by
default, but I do want the command line switch gone!

Interestingly now there seems to be a sudden body of people coming out
the woodwork who want this feature - so perhaps this should be sorted
for Haskell'.

Thanks

Neil