ghc for PC Solaris

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Tue Oct 17 05:20:20 EDT 2006

Simon Marlow schrieb:
> You should be able to use any platform with a working GHC 6.6 to
> bootstrap from; x86/Linux is fine.  Ian bootstraps GHC on new machines
> for fun(!), so I'm pretty sure the process has most of the kinks ironed
> out at the moment.

Ok, I've got a hc-file-bundle now. Comparing to

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.6/html/building/sec-porting-ghc.html#unregisterised-porting

I made (had to make) the following differently:

1. I copied also ghcplatform.h from the target to the host's includes
directory. Was that wrong?

2.) The directories glafp-utils and ghc do not exist in the ghc-6.6
sources so I simply called "make boot && make" in the top-level host
directory. (It failed in rts as expected)

3.) For the final "make hc-file-bundle Project=Ghc" I had to delete one
line in the toplevel Makefile:

[..]libraries/haskell-src/Language/Haskell/Parser.hs >> hc-files-to-go

haskell-src is not a part of ghc-6.6 (without extra libs)

So far
Christian