ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.6 Second Release Candidate

Brian Smith brianlsmith at
Sun Oct 8 18:30:25 EDT 2006

On 10/8/06, Ross Paterson <ross at> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 02:48:03PM -0500, Brian Smith wrote:
> > Finally, something was mentioned about the Cabal version number only
> being
> > accurate for when somebody uses Cabal sdist --snapshot mechanism.
> However,
> > this isn't documented, and the documentation for "sdist" claims that it
> > doesn't work for most Cabalized packages (which use the simple build
> > infrastructure).
> I'm not sure which version you're looking at.  I don't recognize either
> of these things in the sdist section of the Cabal User's Guide distributed
> since GHC 6.4.

I was looking under "latest stable version" on the Cabal website. I thought
it was the latest version of the docs because the URL had "latest" in it.
I see that it is documented in later versions. But, I don't see how that
mechanism would help in this situation.