building GHC (head) on windows MINGW: HsRegexPosixConfig.h: Nosuch file or directory

Rene de Visser Rene_de_Visser at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 5 15:21:22 EDT 2006

 Brian Smith" <brianlsmith at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:b0aab04e0610050543m3fe756bax629cf4b3b5653241 at mail.gmail.com...
  On 9/30/06, Rene de Visser <Rene_de_Visser at hotmail.com> wrote:
    What do I need to install for the regex library support on MINGW?

    It looks like the regex library needs the posix library, and in my MINGW /
    MSYS installation I don't find one
    (and neither does configure).

  I have not run into this problem with the regex library but I ran into a similar one when building network. Did you get the regex library after you had already run autoreconf? If so, you need to run autoreconf and ./configure again in the ghc root directory.

  Hello,

  I seem to have worded myself poorly.

  I don't have regex.h on my system. And that seems to be the problem. It doesn't come standard with Mingw and MSYS.

  Where do I get a posix regex library for Mingw/MSYS?

  Rene.