import prefers module in package over local module

Michael Marte marte at pms.informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Thu May 4 05:24:11 EDT 2006

Simon Marlow wrote:

>Deprecation warnings seem to be working fine:
>
>$ ghc -c Foo.hs -package text
>
>Foo.hs:2:0:
>    Warning: Module `Pretty' is deprecated:
>                 This module has moved to Text.PrettyPrint.HughesPJ
>
>Also, the documentation for the text package clearly states in several
>places that the modules it contains are deprecated.

I have got something wrong here: To use, say Text.Html or
Text.PrettyPrint.HughesPJ, it is not necessary to use -package text on
the command line? So module Pretty is in the package text and Text.Html
is part of another package, maybe package base? So there is no need at
all for the -package directive in my case?

Michael