Solaris x86 package

Georg Sauthoff gsauthof at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Mon Jun 12 12:28:45 EDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 05:35:20PM +0200, Christian Maeder wrote:

Hi,

[..]
> you need to build the whole tree (using "gmake") with a file mk/build.mk
> that just contains the lines:
[..]

I will try it.

> >I guess, because 6.4.3 includes some fixes, it make sense to do the
> >packaging for that version instead of 6.4.2.

> yes, but may be wait until the threaded rts works

I tried 6.4 cvs from 20060607 at Solaris 10 x86 and have no
problems with a threaded rts here (did a stage3 build to test
it).

> >If no one packages for Solaris sparc, I could do that, too.

> I've done that already:
> http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/agbkb/forschung/formal_methods/CoFI/hets/solaris/versions/ghc-6.4.2-20060529-sparc-sun-solaris2.tar.bz2

I tried that package at a sparc Solaris 8 mashine. The problem
here is, that some shared libs are not available:

# ldd /var/tmp/gsauthof/ghc-6.4.2-20060529/lib/ghc-6.4.2/ghc-6.4.2
        libreadline.so.5 =>      (file not found)
        libncurses.so.5 =>       (file not found)
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
        libm.so.2 =>     (file not found)
        libgmp.so.3 =>   (file not found)
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000/lib/libc_psr.so.1

Because of the missing libm.so.2 - did you build it at
Solaris > 8?

About the other dependencies - sure I can fix them by installing
the needed packages (the notes at the download page for 6.4.1
sparc list them as dependencies, too). But I am wondering if this
dependencies are necessary for ghc binary packages. It looks like
a copy a libgmp is included in the ghc source and readline
support could be left out.

Btw, after reading the ghc support matrix and following ticket:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Platforms
- I suppose, that the >= 6.4.1 solaris sparc binary packages don't
use the NCG?

Regards
Georg Sauthoff