Linking with C++ produced by Visual Studio .NET on Windows XP?

Cyril Schmidt cschmidt at
Fri Jan 27 18:55:45 EST 2006

I added this to the FAQ list; please feel free to elaborate and correct.

Linking to Visual Studio-generated code would be much easier if GHC were
to use Visual C++ as backend, instead of gcc (even Visual Haskell at the
relies on gcc for C compilation).

I have no idea, though, how much work it would be to make GHC able to
via Visual C++.