darcs switchover

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Jan 11 10:48:14 EST 2006

On 2006-01-10, Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Having both repos is starting to hurt now, it's a fiddle to move patches
> from darcs to CVS to commit them.  So I want to throw the switch ASAP;
> I'm pretty certain we've dealt with any blocking problems now.  So once
> we've got the libraries re-tailored, and tested the nightly builds with
> the new setup, I think we could switch.

I've talked to Simon about this, and here's what we've agreed I will do:

 * I will re-convert all of the top-level directories in the current
   libraries darcs repo, except for: doc, mk, and Cabal
 * Each new repo will be under darcs.haskell.org/packages
 * I will convert HEAD only and not the ghc-6.4 branch.
   Simon plans to continue using CVS for ghc-6.4 anyway.
 * Simon will integrate the few remaining top-level files into
   the GHC repo.
 * Someone (maybe me) will write some scripts to automate checking
   out and updating all these repos at once.

I hope to get this all done within the next few days, maybe even today.

-- John