Building GHC on Mac OS 10.2.1

Kirsten Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 03:37:21 EST 2006

Hi all,
I'm trying to build the HEAD on a somewhat old PowerBook G4 running
Mac OS 10.2.1. It would seem that I don't have a new enough version of
gcc:
% gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.1 20020420 (prerelease)
and I can't seem to build a newer version of gcc (3.3) due to missing
system include files which I assume (though that assumption may be
wrong) are due to running 10.2 instead of 10.4. (For the full tale of
woe, see http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/KirstenSandbox). Am
I right in thinking that building GHC on Mac OS 10.2.1 is more or less
impossible, or has anyone managed to do it? I'm pretty close to just
giving up and buying a PC (various things make it difficult for me to
upgrade to Tiger).

Thanks,
Kirsten

--
Kirsten Chevalier* chevalier at alum.wellesley.edu *Often in error, never in doubt
"Are you aware that rushing toward a goal is a sublimated death wish? It's no