Packages in GHC 6.6

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 06:59:37 EDT 2006

Hello Simon,

> This means that making a minimal distribution in a build tree that has
> everything is not just a matter of removing stuff, also the Haddock
> index must be rebuilt, and the package database needs to have the extra
> packages removed too.

it seems that dividing ghc to the core and additional libs is
dependent on cabalizing all those packages that are now distributed
with ghc?

so, situation is rather paradox - in order to strip some lib from ghc
distribution because it don't used at all, one should cabalize it :)

at least we can start by removing from ghc distribution large
graphics/sound libraries that was already cabalized. are there such
beasts?

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com