recursive import

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 15 04:31:11 EDT 2006

Well I agree it's not ideal.  But from what you say it's working as
advertised.

It's not easy to derive hs-boot from hs, because you probably don't want
to put all the type sigs in the hs file into the hs-boot file, because
that might create yet more dependencies for the hs-boot file.  Also a
common thing is to put a data type decl into the hs-boot file without
constructors, and there's not automatic way to decide whether to do
that.

Simon