getMBlocks

Rich Fought whatever at fsrz.net
Thu Aug 10 19:29:16 EDT 2006

> Did you try GHC's heap profiler?
>
> Or simply running your program with +RTS -Sstderr will give you a clue
> about the shape of the heap usage - each line is a single GC, and it
> includes the amount of live data at that point.
>
> If your program has a flat heap profile and yet is still grabbing more
> memory, then something else is going on.
>
> Cheers,
>     Simon

Well the profile is definitely not flat.

I'm using the profiling tools and Network.accept is apparently the major
offender using both -hc and -hr profiles.  I take it this implies that
the products of this function are being retained elsewhere.  I do pass
the handle off to another thread via forking - this shouldn't be an
issue should it?  Another retainer involves SYSTEM and Network.accept -
what exactly does SYSTEM mean?

Regards,
Rich