hat, ghc

Frederik Eaton frederik at a5.repetae.net
Thu Sep 1 11:14:51 EDT 2005

Is there a way to use Hat with GHC, without 'hmake'? The Hat Tutorial
shows 'hmake' being used, but 'hmake' doesn't work for me. The problem
is that 'hmake' seems to be looking for 'ghc' based on something other
than PATH:

 $ ghc --make pointtracker.hs
 Chasing modules from: pointtracker.hs
 Compiling Util             ( ./Util.hs, ./Util.o )
 Compiling XSimpleIO        ( ./XSimpleIO.hs, ./XSimpleIO.o )
 Compiling Main             ( pointtracker.hs, pointtracker.o )
 Linking ...
 $ which ghc
 /home/frederik/.toast-i386/armed/bin/ghc
 $ hmake -hat pointtracker.hs

 Fail: Can't find module Graphics.X11.Xlib in user directories
         .
   Or in installed libraries/packages at
         /usr/lib/ghc-6.2.2/imports
   Asked for by: pointtracker.hs
   Fix using the -I, -P, or -package flags.

 Stop - hmake dependency error.

i.e., I'm not sure how 'hmake' found /usr/lib/ghc-6.2.2, but this
directory is not mentioned in my environment, and it was not my
intention to use this version of ghc.

Thanks,

Frederik

--