Patch for Word64

Matt para at
Mon Nov 21 09:56:51 EST 2005

I was doing some work with Word64 and noticed that it was about 3 times
slower than Int64. The reason appears to be expensive conversions from
Int64# to Word64# and vice versa. I modified the libraries to remove the
conversion overhead, and the result is that Int64# and Word64# now have
equal performance, at least on the domain that I tested (==, +, -).

I can't check into the tree, so I was told to send my changes to this list.
Could someone else check them in? I have attached a patch file representing
my changes.

-Matt or [ricebowl, wearkilts, soysauce] on #haskell on Freenode