porting ghc-6.4 to x86_64

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 22 15:56:25 EST 2005

On 22 March 2005 10:10, Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

> Well, looking at the makefile it becomes clear, that it must do so.
> -------------------------------------
> # Make DerivedConstants.h for the compiler
>
> all :: DerivedConstants.h
>
> mkDerivedConstants.c : $(H_CONFIG)
>
> mkDerivedConstantsHdr : mkDerivedConstants.o
>         $(CC) -o $@ $(CC_OPTS) $(LD_OPTS) mkDerivedConstants.o
>
> DerivedConstants.h : mkDerivedConstantsHdr
>         ./mkDerivedConstantsHdr >$@
>
> CLEAN_FILES += mkDerivedConstantsHdr$(exeext) DerivedConstants.h
> ------------------------------------
>
> Since ghcautoconf.h is new this triggers update for
> mkDerivedConstants.c which in turn updates mkDerivedConstantsHdr
> which in turn updates DerivedConstants.h. I guess I should also touch
> the mkDerivedConstants.c to avoid the updates. Am I correct?

Duh, sorry about that.  The full list of things you need to touch are:

 $ touch ghcautoconf.h DerivedConstants.h GHCConstants.h
mkDerivedConstants.c mkDerivedConstantsHdr mkDerivedConstants.o
mkGHCConstants mkGHCConstants.o

I must have avoided making in ghc/includes when I did the bootstrap
myself.

Thanks for highlighting the problem.