Registerised x86_64 port: test version available

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Tue Mar 8 10:59:08 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 15:16 +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> I've put up an x86_64/Linux registerised build for testing here:
> .tar.bz2
> This is a binary distribution: ./configure && make -k install.  The -k
> is necessary because it doesn't have all the docs.  It was built on
> Fedora FC3.  Note it claims version 6.4, but actually it's 6.4.20050308.
> Still no GHCi, no foreign export dynamic, no native code gen.  But it
> seems to work (this is a stage 3 build).

For someone with an amd64 and some spare time:

So the burning question is: do all those extra registers help? Does
Haskell code run faster in 64bit mode or 32bit mode?

Performance graphs on a postcard to the usual address...