qualified re-export of Data.Set

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 07:38:08 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 15:18 +0400, Serge D. Mechveliani wrote:
> Dear GHC developers,
>
> Please, how to re-export (qualified) Data.Set, Data.Map ?

[snip]

> For  ghc-6.4,  I need qualified import of Data.Set, Data.Map
> and need to re-export it. I am trying

[snip]

> I wonder, how the needed thing can be arranged.

It is not currently possible for modules to export qualified names, only
for importing modules to add a qualifier to the names they are
importing.

Some proposals were made on the libraries mailing list to allow
qualified export. There was a vauge concensus that such a feature might
be useful and the discussion is waiting for someone to sumarise the
discussions and make a concrete written proposal (in fact I'm one of the
people who ought by now to have had a go at writing something up).

Duncan