rendering fonts with OpenGL

Felix Breuer felix at fbreuer.de
Tue Jul 12 08:32:51 EDT 2005

Hello everyone!

What is the recommended way to render fonts (i.e. text) using GHC and
OpenGL?

I know about libraries/GLUT/examples/RedBook/Font.hs, but I do not want
to define the font's letter by hand. So, my questions are:

 * Is there a ready-to-use way load fonts (e.g. using FreeType)?

 * Is there a library implementing some OpenGL font rendering method
   (bitmap, texturemap, outline, etc.) that can be used from GHC?

 * Does anyone have example code for the above?

Thanks,
Felix Breuer