internal error: weird activation record found on stack: 9

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Jan 5 11:40:09 EST 2005

Simon Marlow writes:

 > you'll need to compile up a local copy of the
 > debug/threaded RTS so you can use -debug and
 > -threaded together. The way to do that is to
 > add "GhcRtsWays += thr_debug" to mk/build.mk in
 > a GHC tree, and build as normal.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. I've added the option:

  peti:/usr/local/src/ghc-current# cat ghc/mk/build.mk
  XMLDocWays  := html
  GhcRtsWays  += thr_debug
  SRC_CC_OPTS += -nopie -fno-stack-protector-all -fno-stack-protector
  SRC_HC_OPTS += -optc-nopie -optc-fno-stack-protector-all -optc-fno-stack-protector

But after building, there is no debug/threaded RTS:

  peti:/usr/local/src/ghc-current# find . -name *rts_*
  ./ghc/rts/libHSrts_p.a
  ./ghc/rts/libHSrts_thr.a
  ./ghc/rts/libHSrts_thr_p.a
  ./ghc/rts/libHSrts_debug.a

I've done a "make distclean" and built from the scratch,
too, but it didn't make a difference. I'm using GHC's CVS
HEAD.

Am I doing something wrong?

Peter