ghc HEAD and tee

Simon Marlow simonmar at
Mon Feb 28 06:16:49 EST 2005

On 25 February 2005 15:48, Christian Maeder wrote:

> we used redirect output of ghc via "tee" (within a Makefile). With the
> new ghc this randomly fails now. Does anyone have an explanation for
> this?
>   ghc <<omitted args>> 2>&1 | tee log
> yields:
>   Skipping  Main             ( hets.hs, hets.o )
>   Linking ...
>   tee: write error
> The linked binary and the log file are ok afterwards (and the mere
> size of the log is also no problem).

Hmm, I can't reproduce this behaviour, and I can't imagine what the
problem is:  the error message claims a write error, so that would seem
to indicate some kind of problem writing the log file, which can't be
affected by GHC.  Or perhaps that's just a generic error message from

Can you give any more details that might help us to reproduce it?