new ghc under solaris

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Thu Feb 24 06:35:08 EST 2005

Hi Simon and solaris GHC users,

I've made progress with ghc HEAD under solaris 8. In fact I could
successfully install a ghc-6.5 compiler that was able to compile a
couple of files (including "Hello World")

But on one file (by chance HughesPJ.hs with an unqualified module name)
I got a "Bus Error" (see below) I'll try now if "gmake bootstrap3"
fails, too.

During "gmake" also the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS warning was not entirely gone:

In file included from ../includes/ghcconfig.h:4,
                  from ../includes/Stg.h:42,
                  from ../includes/Rts.h:19,
                  from RetainerSet.c:14:
../includes/ghcautoconf.h:364: warning: `_FILE_OFFSET_BITS' redefined
/usr/include/sys/feature_tests.h:96: warning: this is the location of
the previous definition.

(There were numerous other warnings, too many to post here.)

I assume there's not much difference between ghc-6.5 und ghc-6.4 prerelease.

Is someone else on the list interested in a solaris distribution and
could contribute?

Cheers Christian

maeder at leo -> ghc -v HughesPJ.hs
Glasgow Haskell Compiler, Version 6.5, for Haskell 98, compiled by GHC
version 6.2.2
Reading package config file:
/home/maeder/leo-ghc-head/lib/ghc-6.5/package.conf
Hsc static flags: -static
*** Checking old interface for HughesPJ:
*** Parser:
*** Renamer/typechecker:
*** Desugar:
     Result size = 2602