package.conf in ghc 6.4

Lemmih lemmih at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 06:45:04 EST 2005

On Mar 31, 2005 1:46 PM, Robert van Herk <rherk at cs.uu.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using ghc 6.4 on a Mac, with the binary distribution available from
> your site.
>
> I have a suspision that the package.conf file distributed with it, is
> incorrect. I am trying to install HSQL. During installation, it issues
> the command:
>
>       /usr/local/bin/ghc-pkg -u -g -i hsql.pkg
>
>  with yields:
>
>      Reading package info from "hsql.pkg" ghc-pkg: Line 1: Invalid
> syntax (no colon after field name)
>
> To me, the hsql.pkg file looks sane:
>
> Package
>     {name = "hsql",
>      auto=True,
>      import_dirs = ["/Users/rherk/soft/HSQL/lib/HSQL/GHC/imports"],
>      source_dirs = [],
>      library_dirs =
> ["/Users/rherk/soft/HSQL/lib/HSQL/GHC","/Users/rherk/soft/mysql/lib/mysql"],
>      hs_libraries = ["HSsql"],
>      extra_libraries = ["mysqlclient","mysqlclient","m","z"],
>      include_dirs = [],
>      c_includes = [],
>      package_deps = ["base"],
>      extra_ghc_opts = [],
>      extra_cc_opts = [],
>      extra_ld_opts = [],
>      framework_dirs = [],
>      extra_frameworks = []
>     }
>
> However, the package.conf file looks somewhat strange (and huge). I have
> attached it to this mail.
>
> Could you please tell me what is wrong?

Haskell has got a new package system[1] so you have to re-package
everything. Several people, including me, have already cabalized HSQL
but I'm not aware of any accessible online. Stop by at #haskell
irc.freenode.net and we'll work something out.

[1]: http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/Cabal/index.html

--
Friendly,
  Lemmih