Release candidate for 6.2.2 availabe

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Thu Sep 23 06:57:41 EDT 2004

Sven Panne writes:

 >> 1) The build fails:

 > My fault, already fixed.

Great. Just built the compiler from the scratch; works
nicely now.

 >> 2) "make distclean" fails:

 > I'll have a look into it.

Also works correctly now.

 >     make XMLDocWays="html ps" install-docs

OK. :-) I changed SGMLDocWays to XMLDocWays in the build.mk
files and now everything works as expected again.

 > Furthermore, with our current build system there is no
 > need for a build.mk anymore IMHO.

I think it's nice to have a way to configure the build
"permamently" so that I can just forget about it and say
"make install", "make install-docs", etc., with all the
proper flags being passed automatically. It's hard to
remember which packages needs what additional settings, so I
am quite fond of the build.mk files.

Thanks for your help, Sven.

Peter