Profiling makes FFI Marshalling of Doubles and Int64s fail

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at ldn.invesco.com
Mon Sep 13 04:49:59 EDT 2004

(using GHC 6.2.1 under Windows XP)

I'm trying to use the Sqlite (version 3) dll - see http://www.sqlite.org/ .
Marshalling of 32-bit ints and Strings works well, but 64-bit Ints and
Doubles fail (I get garbage back from the FF calls) when I compile with
"-prof -auto-all". If I compile without profiling, everything works as I
expect.

When I try to load the compiled (with -prof) object files in GHCi, it fails
with this error message:

------------------------
Compiling TestCase         ( TestCase.lhs, interpreted )
ghc.exe: panic! (the `impossible' happened, GHC version 6.2.1):
        ByteCodeFFI.mkMarshalCode_wrk(x86) LI_

Please report it as a compiler bug to glasgow-haskell-bugs at haskell.org,
or http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghc/.
------------------------

GHCi works correctly with non-profiled object files.

Thanks,
Alistair.

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this
message, and any attachments, may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. It is intended solely for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received
material from any computer.