Using packages in ghci

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 5 08:25:04 EDT 2004

I think what's happening here is that you essentially have overlapping
.hi files: the interface for Data.Tree.AVL.List is found along the
search path, and also in a package (because the search path "." and the
import_dirs for the package point to the same place).

This is apparently confusing GHC, but I don't know exactly how.  We
could "fix" the problem by checking whether a given module can be found
in more than one place, but that would involve searching every package
for every module, which might slow things down.  When we store the list
of visible modules with a package we'll be able to do this much more
easily.