Registering packages

gaufridus at earthlink.net gaufridus at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 1 09:33:44 EDT 2004

Thank you, Simon!

I did not get a "wxHaskell install".  wxHaskell is a zip file, not an
executable or a Windows installation file.  The directions at the site
are clear about simply unzipping it and running the
wxhaskell-register.bat file.

You are absolutely right about the environment variable.  The batch
file expected an environment variable named WINDIR, but it did not
automatically exist on my computer (it is really named SYSTEMROOT).
Instead of changing the bat file, I simply added the WINDIR
environment variiable and then ran the batch file.  (From the command
prompt: SET WINDIR=C:\WINNT)

Excellent!  I typed in the first example at the "quick start" at the
site, and it ran just fine.  I can now compile any of the samples
easily and run them.  I am impressed with GHC, wxWindows, and
extremely grateful for your help.

Thank you,
   -- Geoff