[ ghc-Feature Requests-1069653 ] ghci compile option

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 19 14:52:44 EST 2004

Feature Requests item #1069653, was opened at 2004-11-19 20:52
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=358032&aid=1069653&group_id=8032

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Sometimes you want to develop something using ghci, but
a lot of files are just interpreted everytime (which
takes a lot time), while they could also had been
compiled. (An option is writing a simple script each
time (but that's not what users want.) So what I want
(and some people on #haskell): an interface to compile
everything instead of interpretate it.

So inside ghci I want to have an option:
:compile which compiles everything (except maybe for
the module you are currently working on.)

This is how people in #haskell would appreciate it:

21:13 < goron> Is there some command to say in ghci:
precompile everything?
21:13 < goron> I had to write some scripts to do it.
21:14 < Lemmih> goron: ghc --make, perhaps.
21:15 < goron> Lemmih: I meant inside ghci. My approach
was ghc --make, but I had to include a lot of
               paths.
21:15 < goron> And it seems something useful.
21:17 < Lemmih> Agreed.
21:18 < Lemmih> But unfortunately I haven't heard of
such feature.
21:18 < Somebody else> Yep, would be immensly useful.