CVS build failure (was: Building the add-ons in libraries/...)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Nov 5 10:20:49 EST 2004

Sven Panne writes:

 >> /html/chunk.xsl happy.xml
 >> warning: failed to load external entity "/html/chunk.xsl"

 > It looks like configure hasn't found a DocBook XSL
 > directory on your machine. Could you provide us with a
 > little bit more information, please (log of the configure
 > run, config.log, platform, ...)?

Linux x86, I configure my build with the script:

 | #! /bin/sh --
 |
 | GHC="ghc-6.2.2"
 | SUBDIRS="alex ghc haddock happy hslibs libraries"
 |
 | for n in ${SUBDIRS} .; do
 |   echo >$n/mk/build.mk "XMLDocWays := html"
 | done
 |
 | autoreconf -i
 | ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ghc-current     \
 |   --enable-src-tree-happy                       \
 |   --enable-src-tree-haddock                     \
 |   --enable-src-tree-alex                        \
 |   --with-ghc="${GHC}"                           \
 |   --with-hc="${GHC}"                            \
 |   --enable-hopengl                              \
 |   --disable-openal                              \
 |   ;

and the "config.log" (266KB) file is available here:

  http://peti.cryp.to/config.log

You'll see some strange flags I pass to the C compiler when
using GHC. These are to disable SSP/PIE stack protection
code. Just ignore them. :-)

Hope this helps.

Peter