Windows & ghc6.04

Wolfgang Thaller wolfgang.thaller at gmx.net
Tue May 4 13:48:31 EDT 2004

> Is there any chance that GHC 6.04, or any GHC version in the next few
> months, will support the following on Windows:
> 1) use of native threads so that the world won't be stopped every time
> you wait for a character;

Should already be in 6.02.1 - add the -threaded flag when linking, and
you'll get the "threaded rts" which uses native thread to make sure
that (safe) ffi calls don't block.
Waiting for a character sounds like a job for the standard input
routines, and they should support concurrency even without the threaded
RTS, but I don't know about the windows version.

Cheers,

Wolfgang