config.h namespace clashes

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Wed Mar 3 16:27:20 EST 2004

John Meacham wrote:
> [...]
> also, it would be good if config.h could be renamed to something like
> ghc-config.h, because otherwise the conflict between the names can hide
> bugs where you get the incorrect config.h or make it tricky to get at
> the GHC one if it is actually the one you want.

That's definitely on the fptools-ToDo-List: Every package/project should
have its own configuration shell script, configuration header used only
for build time and configuration header included in pre-built distributions.
It's "just" a matter of splitting of configure.ac and pushing the relevant
parts down the fptools hierarchy. Any volunteers? I'll do it when I've got
some time left and no one else has done it by then, but this will definitely
not be in the near future...

Cheers,
    S.