Ian Lynagh igloo at
Sat Jun 12 13:45:34 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 10:00:38AM +0000, Gabriel Ebner wrote:
> Hello,
> scott west wrote:
> > Does anyone have any
> > unregistered amd64 builds that they've cooked up?
> And please put it on a ftp server somewhere if you have a working build for
> Linux/amd64.

I think this should work (unregisterised):

ar -x ghc6_6.2.1-2_amd64.deb
tar -zxf data.tar.gz
ln -s ghc6 usr/bin/ghc
ln -s ghci6 usr/bin/ghci
perl -pi -e "s#/usr#`pwd`/usr#" usr/bin/{ghc,ghci}

$ file usr/lib/ghc-6.2.1/ghc-6.2.1
usr/lib/ghc-6.2.1/ghc-6.2.1: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

I haven't been able to test it myself, but someone on IRC successfully
compiled and ran hello world (installing the Debs on a Debian system).

I didn't build the binaries, but AFAIK nothing special was done.

echo "GhcUnregisterised=YES" > mk/
echo "SplitObjs=NO" >> mk/
make install

Hope that's of some help