Happy Question

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Sun Feb 29 03:38:49 EST 2004

My hand-written S-expression parser for HScheme is very very slow.
Really quite a bit slower than it ought to be. So I'd like to switch to
Happy instead.

The problem is my parser should be monadic, but the monad type is
generalised (basically of the form (context m) => m). Is there a way of
switching on monadic-ness, so I can have a monadic happyError, but
without giving type signatures to happyThen and happyReturn? Or else
allowing a class context for the type signatures?

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA